Calculate how much you can receive in childcare subsidies in NSW to help you alleviate costs in just a few minutes using our Childcare Subsidy calculator.
First, estimate how much childcare will cost you at one of our locations in Pymble, Lake Haven, Busby, or either location in Ermington — River Road or Lambert Avenue.Then, book a tour to visit one of our wonderful facilities and see how we can help with your childcare needs!
The Childcare Subsidy for Australians is the biggest assistance program the Federal Government provides. The funds from this subsidy reduce the cost of childcare for families that have kids attending daycare. The subsidy can also help reduce the cost of family day care, in-home daycare and out-of-school care.
Here are the guidelines to determine eligibility for the new childcare subsidy for 2022 to 2023. You must:
- Care for your child(ren) at least 14% of the time (2+ nights per fortnight).
- Be responsible for the fees of childcare.
- Live in the country for 46 or more weeks per year.
- Meet requirements of residency. Either with citizenship or holding a visa (permanent, special category, or certain temporary visas). Exemptions to this can be addressed as needed.
In addition, to qualify for the new childcare subsidy, your child(ren) must be under 13 years of age and not attending secondary school. They must also be up to date on all immunisations unless they have an immunisation exemption. Children 14 to 18 with a disability may also be eligible. For full details, visit the government website.
Applying for a childcare subsidy is a multi-step process. First, you’ll have to determine whether or not you qualify for the government’s childcare subsidy. If you do qualify, you can follow these instructions to apply. You’ll need some basic documents throughout the process to show your identity, that you live in Australia, and that your children are enrolled in childcare.
Once approved, you’ll be able to create a MyGov account, where you can complete your assessment and file a claim. The monies will then be paid directly to your childcare centre, and you’ll be charged the difference out of pocket.
If you’re eligible, the childcare subsidy rates will be based on three factors:
- Type of place your child attends for childcare.
- Income earned by your family.
- The number of activities your family has (hours you leave your child in care because of work, job seeking, studying, volunteering).
For a complete guide on this government subsidy for childcare, check out our blog post, or contact our team, and we can walk you through the process! We can’t wait to hear from you!